First Reading: all about pride and the consequences of it
- Have you ever experienced this kind of unhealthy pride? What kind of behaviour did it lead to? bragging; inflated self-worth; thinking you’re always right – know-it-all –> unteachable; putting others down; gossip; acting out of your best character
- How did you recognize it? catching it by the way others react to you; others could actually just point it out to you;
- How did you resolve it? modesty; humility; change your attitude; apologize and get forgiven
Gospel: all about following Jesus and having the courage to pick up our cross
- What is your cross to bear right now?
- Do the crosses you have to bear change as you go through life?
- Why do you think we have to suffer as humans? can be a learning opportunity; sometimes our fault, sometimes the fault of others; our own free will and the impact of the free will of others and even of nature
- Do we have to declare we are followers of Christ out loud or is there a better way to exhibit our Christianity? our attitudes and behaviours