To effectively simulate the phenomena that lead to evolution of species over time.
- two forms of natural selection: stabilizing, disruptive, directional and/or sexual seletion
- two of the following: bottle neck, genetic drift, founder effect
- allopatric and sympatric speciation
- genetic switches/mutations
- convergent and divergent evolution
- humanoid impacts
Things to consider in game design:
- aesthetics – gotta look good
- functionality – so components are not just decorative…they do something!
- effective modelling of the above phenomena – how well it shows the processes
- rules are clear
- players are controlling populations – how will you represent this?
- is the board static or not?
- one level or multilevel?
- think about variation of traits within the populations each player is controlling