- how triglycerides are formed
- categories of fatty acids and their properties
- micelles vs membranes
- HDL, LDL – what are these and what role do they play in atherosclerosis?
- roles of proteins
- components of an amino acid
- how zwitterions form
- categories of amino acids – non-polar, polar, negative, positive
- primary structure – how peptide bonds are formed in a growing protein
- secondary structure – alpha helices and beta sheets: what are they and how do they form?
- tertiary structure – R-group interactions between specific amino acids for overall 3D structure
- quaternary structure – two or more proteins to carry out a function
- Swirly – be able to look at a protein and figure out what category of amino acid is best for different sections of a protein within a cell.