Please print this for tomorrow. You will want it full size and in colour. But if you can’t that’s ok. You can colour it in as we go through this content.
Always start by making a decision tree! We see an example of this on page 18 in the textbook. In the note below, we used animals from page 24.
Complete the following parts of Investigation 1.2.1 on pages 32-33 of your textbook as well as the additional questions that are included here:
- Complete Part A parts 1-4
- Draw a decision tree that would correspond with the dichotomous key in Table 1
- Follow this with your response to Apply and Extend part (e)
- Complete Part B parts 5 (but not with a partner) & 6
- Draw a decision tree that you used to make your dichotomous key for part 6
- Choose a place in the world and find images of 8 animals or plants in that habitat. Identify the habitat and create a decision tree and dichotomous key for those animals or those plants. Do NOT mix animals and plants. Stay in one or the other kingdom for this part. Below each image put the common name as well as the binomial species name.
Submit this to the VLE under Assessment –> Assignments –> Dichotomous Key Assignment on Thursday May 16 by 11:30PM.